Avalon Twin Window Fan Review
The Avalon Window Fan is marketed as an all-in-one solution and an alternative to costly air conditioning systems. That sounds very impressive, but does the Avalon really have the features needed for you to be able to use it instead of an AC? We shouldn’t just take the company’s word for it, which is why we have this review.
- The Avalon comes with 3 speed settings (low, medium and high). You just need to choose one and let the fan work.
- The Avalon window fan comes with a thermostat with a 60 to 80 degree range.
- The unit has a reversible airflow mechanism so it can push out hot air and draw in cool air to replace it.
- The LED lights improve visibility so you can see the temperature setting even if it is dark.
- The dual motors provide the power needed to power the fan and deal with different kinds of weather. Each 9-inch fan head has a motor and is built for heavy-duty use.
- The side panels are expandable so it will fit the most commonly used window sizes. You can expand the sides by 6 ½ inches so you don’t have to worry about the Avalon not fitting your window.
- The unique design of this motor means you will be able to use the Avalon to remove and take in air.
- Easy to install
- Portable, lightweight design
- Powerful dual motor
- Air current is a little soft
- High speed generates some noise
Performance and Usage
The Avalon more than lives up to the hype when it comes to performance. It doesn’t need any assembly so you can use it right away. It comes with a detailed owner’s manual with step-by-step instructions.
You can quickly configure the Avalon as an intake or exhaust fan, and it works great for both purposes. As an exhaust fan the Avalon removes hot air, which is great if you are feeling sticky and sweltering from the heat. The Avalon works just as well when it’s set to intake mode. Here the window fan brings in cool air, reducing the temperature in the process.
The results don’t change regardless of the window size. Speaking of which, the side panels are very easy to extend so it’s a breeze to use with various windows. If you want to use the fan standing up, just attach the legs.
The built-in LED lights are very practical and make it easy to keep track of the thermostat settings. Since the nine-inch motor heads have their own motor, they are independent of each other.
The Avalon also scores points for versatility. While it is very efficient on windows, the removeable legs mean you can use it in other places in your house and still get the same results. We can also attribute performance to the Max Cool technology as it makes the surrounding area cooler and more comfortable.
The fan moves air in a consistent fashion, and it’s able to exhaust and intake air at the same time. It really makes an impact on those days when it gets really hot.
The Avalon’s portable design is another reason why it’s an excellent option for a lot of users. Do you want to bring the Avalon with you room to room?
No problem, as it is portable and light enough to carry. Whether you opt for a window installation or use the detachable legs, you get the same performance.
Should You Buy It?
The Avalon is a feature-packed window fan, but it’s still one of the easiest to operate. The 9-inch blades do their part, and the Max Cool technology and thermostat work together to reduce the temperature. The Avalon is able to do all this without requiring you to do any complex programming.
The Avalon has some features which will please users who like advanced features. While a lot of users will enjoy its straightforward approach, the Avalon does have options if you want to manage and adjust its performance. We also have to point out that the Avalon is an energy saver, so it is something you should consider if you want to cut power costs.
As you may already know, a window fan is meant to be an alternative to air conditioning systems. However, the Avalon is an even greater energy saver than other window fans. So if you’re looking for a well-made window fan which saves energy without compromise, the Avalon may be worthy of your consideration.
The Avalon Window Fan does what it’s supposed to do: it cools things down anywhere you decide to install it. The Avalon makes good use of technology to cool air without being difficult to use. As we have shown in the performance review, the Avalon window fan compares very well with other products, so we give this our full recommendation.